p1011 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 07.5 - 09 6.7 Liter Cummins > 07.5 - 09 3rd Gen 6.7 Liter General Discussion
07.5 - 09 3rd Gen 6.7 Liter General Discussion General Chit Chat About the 6.7L 3rd generation Cummins - NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2008, 10:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
p1011

every time i have the edge and mp-8 cranked and i give her hell i get this code. P1011 - Fuel Pump Delivery Pressure Too Low. is that just the stock fuel pump not being able to keep up?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2008, 11:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Washington Chapter Vice President

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
You may need to change your fuel filter. Thats what i would start with. The stock lift pump is barely adequate for a stock motor though.

FTEDiesel
Compcowboy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2008, 11:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

ya im guna start with the fuel filter but im pritty sure i will still need more fuel so an air dog is in the near future.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Diesel Head

All the codes that I get on my truck only come on when I am towing. the P1011 codes is cause by the MP-8. Usually only the guys that tow get that code. Even though I clear codes @ start up it will appear within 1 minute of me driving down the road. I haven't installed my Airdog yet so I don't know if that will correct the problem or not. Keven from K2 Diesel may have an answer to that as I am not the only one with the issue but not sure if he has a customer that has an Airdog/FASS installed and still gets that code. I just wish I could clear the codes while driving.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:17 AM   #5 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

did u guys shim the relief valve?
Old 09-09-2008, 01:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Yep. My only occurs when I am towing. I also get the Cat Full Msg when I tow. There is something in the ECU or similar that causes these codes and Msg's to appear. I even had the dealer starscan my computer to try and erase the message and codes from reappearing but they didn't show up on there computer.

IMO I just think the computer is retarded
Old 09-09-2008, 01:45 AM   #7 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakConstruction View Post
IMO I just think the computer is retarded
agreed
Old 09-09-2008, 09:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
TE Writer

Guys,

I need to make a follow up to a new thread I started yesterday about getting the new "AY" flash, but; just because of the title to this thread the few that follow along with these issues need to know what I had come up today on the route...

Well to start, my fuel mileage ani't never been good LOL. Well, it got worse today and for the first 300 miles today it was like 6-7 miles to the gallon!!! Started changing the settings on the Juice and the MP8 trying to find something better, but nothing I did really change the fuel usage. I could dial the smoke in and out which you would think its affecting the mileage also, but it didn't.

Then I started getting the same old dead stall for just a split second as I wade into the throttle. Little more time goes by and then I get the P0106 code for manifold pressure... Then the lightening bolt LOL...
Clear them and they come right back... Took me a little longer then I remember some of the weird things I had going on with the Pricol fuel rail pressure gauge I put on this 6.7 with what seemed to be RF...

Even longer story short, I unhooked the guage, as it hooks in the pressure sensor where the MP8 also hooks up, now no more problems.
Gut feeling on the AY flash, jury still out on it, but I know they did some way big time screwing around with a whole bunch of stuff with this flash guys...

Now for you guys with the MP8 and weird things going on with running quality and/or mileage issues, I would sure pay close attention to the pressure sensor and its harness and any thing else that hooks up to it and/or the harnesses just in the area of that sucker... This little area is way hot with RF and its getting into the ECM somehow and when it does, its what is the bad apple to these 6.7's JIMO...

Naturally that sensor and the area it is, is the hardest damn thing to do much with; in how friggin' hard it is to get hands and tools in there LOL... I am wondering just what the threads look like on that end of the rail? Maybe do some creation from my blacksmith shop and get this all changed up and moved away from there? Just not sure what I need to do just yet and open to any and all thoughts you guys can offer. I just know there is bad juju going on here as I have had it before and put a RF choke on the end of the wiring harness for the pressure sensor and it went away for the most part. At least I didn't get all these codes and lightening bolts and really bbad mileage... I also could turn the MP8 down to the 50% area and things was better for a while till it all finally came crashing in LOL...

Just seems to me that the wiring harness and how things are arranged in this area are way to sensitive for some reason and once I got the new Flash, it really made things go baqd as time went along today...

What we really need is for software to help us get rid of the codes and give us more adjustments to things and help get this grimmlin out of the ECU, or where ever this sucker is that is causing all the trouble. I hope this helps some of you guys and maybe we can piece this all together and figure what we need to get rid of next LOL???
Khaki-09' Megacab 3500 DRW 4X4;68RFE;3:73's;DPF, EGR & OEM air intake horn all MIA;My own 5" TBE,CoolTube intake w/crankcase revented;Edge-juice w/attitude+Hot;07' intercooler; doubled the OEM Powersteering & Tranny Coolers, Smarty67(ME) Raptor 150 with filter & water seperator and DS-V fuel suction leg. 185 T-stat. Double B&W hitches.ARP Studs. HTT-SS 73/66/13Turbo&Exhaust Manifold.Shaved Head.SunCoast- Comp 68. 285/70-17" Firestone destinations E-rated
Jeb_H is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2009, 01:26 AM   #9 (permalink)

I installed injectors and the following day a Fass 150 HPFP and I am now getting P1011 Fuel Pump Delivery Pressure To Low code in 5th gear occasionally and 6th gear every time. Also I like to fool with things and pulled the plug of the Variable Controller and ran the truck down the road - Did not create more boost or seem to affect performance, although it did take longer to spool. Which leads me to believe that it was doing exactly as I intended and staying in the open position. While running it like this I got P 0087 Fuel Rail Pressure To Low. Which pump is P 1011 refering to?
2008 3500 MegaCab -Juice W/Attitude- -Injectors- -Fass 150 HPFP- -My Own DPF and EGR Delete- -AFE Intake- -Leveled W/22" Panther Wheels Wrapped In 35" Nitto Terra Grapplers-. 377HP 850 TQ On Mustang Dyno Without Any Correction Factor.
Jstewy21 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2009, 05:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
HATED...

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
same codes here!!! and the cat full msg then it cuts out and i cant go fast

2008-rolln on 37x13.50s... Thats rite, NO LIFT!!! SOLD
STOCK W BIG MEAT

Clicky MY YOUTUBE Clicky
NT2HLBLY is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2009, 06:57 PM   #11 (permalink)

I was just told that the P 1011 code is not the lift pump but the injection pump, which would also explain the P 0087 Fuel Rail Pressure Too Low. Looks like I know where the next 3 months of my life will be spent...Dual CP3s.
2008 3500 MegaCab -Juice W/Attitude- -Injectors- -Fass 150 HPFP- -My Own DPF and EGR Delete- -AFE Intake- -Leveled W/22" Panther Wheels Wrapped In 35" Nitto Terra Grapplers-. 377HP 850 TQ On Mustang Dyno Without Any Correction Factor.
Jstewy21 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2009, 08:00 AM   #12 (permalink)
HATED...

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstewy21 View Post
I was just told that the P 1011 code is not the lift pump but the injection pump, which would also explain the P 0087 Fuel Rail Pressure Too Low. Looks like I know where the next 3 months of my life will be spent...Dual CP3s.
thats my next go fast part im just putting it off rite now

2008-rolln on 37x13.50s... Thats rite, NO LIFT!!! SOLD
STOCK W BIG MEAT

Clicky MY YOUTUBE Clicky
NT2HLBLY is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.