Crankcase breather filter Clogged ?? - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 07.5 - 09 6.7 Liter Cummins > 07.5 - 09 3rd Gen 6.7 Liter General Discussion
07.5 - 09 3rd Gen 6.7 Liter General Discussion General Chit Chat About the 6.7L 3rd generation Cummins - NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2008, 07:19 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Crankcase breather filter Clogged ??

Took my 08 3500 with 22K on it into local Houston dealer for P2000 and P2262 Codes and they tell me my air filter is 100 % clogged wich also clogged the crankcase breather filter. Anyone else had this problem ?. My air filter looked a little dirty but not that bad.
jdwcoupe is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2008, 08:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
I have this problem too. I bought the truck and the filter was clogged pretty bad. I went to the dealer and they want $$$$$$$$. The part number is CV52001 (fleetguard). I have searched and can not find one. I am sure I can get it from cummins. I may try soaking it in degreaser and washing it???
I cleared the message but it keeps coming back.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdwcoupe View Post
Took my 08 3500 with 22K on it into local Houston dealer for P2000 and P2262 Codes and they tell me my air filter is 100 % clogged wich also clogged the crankcase breather filter. Anyone else had this problem ?. My air filter looked a little dirty but not that bad.
those codes have nothing to do with a dirty air filter or ccv filter. they're BS'ing you. the 2000 is an O2 sensor code and the 2262 is a dirty turbo. Welcome - you have a lot of reading ahead of you here...Ask them how bad the blow-by is to have clogged the ccv filter - chances are they either won't know how to respond or they'll make up some more BS. The ccv filter has a change interval of 60k miles iirc
John Banks is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2008, 12:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
K1Cummins

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Banks View Post
those codes have nothing to do with a dirty air filter or ccv filter. they're BS'ing you. the 2000 is an O2 sensor code and the 2262 is a dirty turbo. Welcome - you have a lot of reading ahead of you here...Ask them how bad the blow-by is to have clogged the ccv filter - chances are they either won't know how to respond or they'll make up some more BS. The ccv filter has a change interval of 60k miles iirc
I agree

The "perform service" will come up on the over head when it wants the ccv filter changed. Good luck with the dealer I called mine about getting one and they had no clue what I was talking about or why you should change it
2008 6.7ltr CTD 6auto Q/C 4x4 Metallic Grey with chrome rocker panels window covers and door handles. Cloud Rider winter fronts for engine and tranny. Edge w/ attitude(hot unlock) AFE stage II intake, EGR unplugged and awaiting further deletes.
oilpatchcummins is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2008, 04:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Banks View Post
Yikes! This is the same reason I found a different service shop to take my truck to. The two times I went for service on my new truck the service manager either did not know what he was talking about or he was told to tell customers misinformation. I do not go there any more as they did not do quaility work on my truck. Rather than let them screw around anymore on my new truck I decided to correct their poor workmanship my self.
Old 12-19-2008, 11:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

i had this same problem brother. bought my truck and a week later the cel was on. took it in and they wouldnt touch the truck until another crankcase breather was put on they wanted 128.00 for the part. and 95.00 for labor. i just bought the part for 128.00 and installed it right there in the dealership parking lot in less than 30 minutes. the breather is right under the valve cover and slips right out to put the new one in. after this was done they installed my new turbo and reflashed me and i was gone. let me know if you need any help although i would doubt it cuz i aint the most savvy diesel head around.
08' 6.7L 2500 4x4 QC Lone Star Edition.... 41k miles, AFE stage 2, PMT v1016 with AQ flash, H&S 4'' stage II delete thanks Jason at C&C , egr unplugged with blockoff plates, 35'' BFG KM2's...next mod...smoked recon cab lights!!!
ryan88210 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2008, 11:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
Diesel Head

what's the point of the filter anyway? I've not taken it apart yet to look at it...
Old 12-19-2008, 11:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

it filters out blow by if i understand correctly. not positive though
08' 6.7L 2500 4x4 QC Lone Star Edition.... 41k miles, AFE stage 2, PMT v1016 with AQ flash, H&S 4'' stage II delete thanks Jason at C&C , egr unplugged with blockoff plates, 35'' BFG KM2's...next mod...smoked recon cab lights!!!
ryan88210 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2012, 01:41 PM   #9 (permalink)

is there a aftermarket crank case ventilation filter. dodge wants too much for the part. i currently have a service required message and have all emmisions stuff completly removed. Tuner is showing no engine codes or transmission codes. ther is 58,700 mile on her and about the right interval. I am just not convinced to spend over 100 dollars on this dang filter. H & s are saying this might be what the message is for. there is another post about the same issues and a thread that shows how to reset the console messages. you turn your key to the run position and then depress your accelartor pedal twice and then brake pedal twice and turn key off and then start the truck. it is also in the owners manual.

Last edited by maslivi; 10-23-2012 at 01:49 PM.
maslivi is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2012, 01:50 PM   #10 (permalink)

other forums and threads are saying the cummins dealer will sell the filter for 50 bucks
maslivi is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.