Injector troubles? - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 07.5 - 09 6.7 Liter Cummins > 07.5 - 09 3rd Gen 6.7 Liter General Discussion
07.5 - 09 3rd Gen 6.7 Liter General Discussion General Chit Chat About the 6.7L 3rd generation Cummins - NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2013, 11:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Injector troubles?

So here is what is all done to my truck;
Smarty JR usually run it on performance seems like I get the best mileage, All deletes are done, 5" TBE, and a S&B CIA Dry. Truck has 87K miles, runs 37" tires. Nothing done to trans, no studs.

Here is the issue I have right now;
In the mornings it about ~20 degrees out I start the truck up and I get quite the cloud of thick white smoke for about 5-10 seconds then it goes to what looks like a blue haze for a few seconds then a white & black haze until its been running for ~1min. The initial start up is pretty rough like a few cylinders are missing but that smooths out after ~5 seconds or after I tap the accelerator.

I have a trip in a few days that consists of ~1000 miles towing a 7k lb trailer plus a cab full of people and a bed full of gear. If I do have an injector issue would this potentially cause any severe damage?

I just started running Diesel Kleen this past tank but the issue was before that.

The only code I have right now is p0488 Egr Airflow Throttle Control Circuit Performance. I have tried multiple times to get this to clear with no luck.

Thanks for any help
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2013, 01:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
Anarchy Diesel

Thanked 1,907 Times in 1,594 Posts
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Sounds somewhat like a normal diesel cold start up.
EFI Live BETA Tester
Custom tuning with EFI Live/H&S MCC/Smarty UDC
Anarchy Diesel Tuning
Anarchy Diesel on FACEBOOK
Anarchy Diesel Tuning Forum
3brorce is online now   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.