P1011 & P000f on stock truck - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 07.5 - 09 6.7 Liter Cummins > 07.5 - 09 3rd Gen 6.7 Liter General Discussion
07.5 - 09 3rd Gen 6.7 Liter General Discussion General Chit Chat About the 6.7L 3rd generation Cummins - NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 06:57 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
P1011 & P000f on stock truck

its a 2007.5 with the 6.7. Its all stock only 70k miles. Always gets proper maintenance, fluids, filters etc.

The other day I got a CEL for

P1011 - Fuel Pump Delivery Pressure Too Low
P000f - Fuel System Over Pressure Relief Valve Activated

I was on the highway driving normally, no trailer or anything. Ive done some searching and these codes seem more common for guys who have modified trucks in which they shim the relief valve.

Ive also got that maintenance required thing on all the time on the overhead, it sure is a pain but I can't seem to clear it.

The truck has no other codes, drives great still but it just seems to suck a lot of extra fuel then normal since this CEL came on.

Anyone have any feedback on this considering I've got a stock truck?

Thanks!
hamiltonrex is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2013, 12:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
I drive a Cummins!

It's true that the pressure relief valve is more likely to fail on a truck demanding higher rail pressures, but it is still possible that your's has failed. Has your truck thrown a P0087 for low rail pressure? Usually you will see all three together ( p0087, p1011, p000f ). even without the low rail pressure code I would point my finger at the valve. There is low pressure return line on the side of the rail (next to the valve) that you could check for fuel. If you have ANY fuel coming from the return then your valve is bypassing. You could get the test fittings from miller tool, but if I were you I would just replace it with a plug from H&S or Sinister Diesel $50. Since your not tuning the truck in any way it would be very unlikely that you could over pressureize the rail. Plus its practically undetectable if you had to take the truck to a dealer for other service.
07.5 6.7L 2500 Lone Star 4x4, Ranch Hand bump, 35" Dynapro MT's, Hella 700FF's, XRT Pro, HTT manifold, S464 Turbo ,Edge CTS, FULL deletes, 5 In TBE, Smoked Recons, SunCoast Trans, ARP Studs, dual CAT fuel filters, 100HP Injectors, FASS HPFP, Big line kit, GDP ff delete, Sinister Rail Plug, TGC 3.5" Lift

clark9693 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2013, 02:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Have you ever changed the batteries??? When they go bad you get all kinds of wierd codes.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:18 PM   #4 (permalink)

I've never had a p0087. Hmm..

I looked under the hood around at things, and I see a puddle of fuel on the top of the injector pump. :S maybe that's why I have been down on fuel mileage lately. It doesn't explain the p000f though, if the fuel relief valve pops, were does the fuel typically 'go'? Would it spray onto the injection pump maybe? That could explain it.

I do have a quadzilla in the truck since I like to keep an eye on things, so I will see what rail pressure is doing. Im not sure why I didn't think of that before. If the truck sits overnight, the next morning when I go out to work I wont have a CEL for about 5-10 minutes, or until highway speed. Then I get a cel, and every 5-10 min it will give me a 2 beep message again, like when the CEL comes on initially. The overhead display now says see dealer now, rather then just the perform service thing its always said.

It seems if the injection pumps leak people see fuel puddles on the driveway, I don't notice this. I always park in the same spot as well, and they say they leak from the bottom, rather then seep and get onto the top somehow. Hmm.

Im going to see what I can dig up for leaking injector pumps :/

Last edited by hamiltonrex; 01-26-2013 at 05:44 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:12 AM   #5 (permalink)
I drive a Cummins!

If the relief valve opens it will bypass fuel out of the rail to a low pressure return line. This line meets up with the low pressure return line coming from the injector pump. This would not cause any fuel to be sprayed out anywhere. If you are seeing fuel on the injector pump I would check all of the pump fittings COV, hight pressure feed line, and banjo bolt fittings. I would also check for fuel around your high pressure injector lines. If you have a loose fitting or a split line it could cause fuel to spray out. I would be interested to see how much rail pressure you can actually build.
07.5 6.7L 2500 Lone Star 4x4, Ranch Hand bump, 35" Dynapro MT's, Hella 700FF's, XRT Pro, HTT manifold, S464 Turbo ,Edge CTS, FULL deletes, 5 In TBE, Smoked Recons, SunCoast Trans, ARP Studs, dual CAT fuel filters, 100HP Injectors, FASS HPFP, Big line kit, GDP ff delete, Sinister Rail Plug, TGC 3.5" Lift

Old 01-27-2013, 10:43 AM   #6 (permalink)

Last night I was out for a drive mostly city once I was on my way home I took the freeway. Got on the throttle a bit and I felt the truck stumble and lose power, CEL came on and rail pressure wouldn't go over 13k psi.

Driving before, I was seeing 22-24k under higher boost levels.

I could tell when the relief valve would close because it would shoot up over 13k like it should, which did end up happening but then at times of higher load (pretty steep grade) it would drop back to 13k again.

I would be in trouble if this happened hooked to my 40ft car hauler on the way to a race.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

i recently threw these exact codes together as well... when i bought my truck it came with an edge programmer already installed and ive been running on my mpg #1 setting yet still get only 12.5mpg average BEST and believe me im good at driving to improve mileage... anyways i throw these codes every time i floor it. im fairly new to diesels so dont really know where or what to look for. i do know i dont ever smell raw fuel when i come to a stop or while driving so i wouldnt think it was leaking but the truck also doesnt feel too fast at times.
C Murda is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2013, 10:00 PM   #8 (permalink)

I can confirm my relief valve opens.

When I merge on the highway if I'm giving it some throttle, I can feel a second of powerloss and the rail pressure won't go over 13000psi, sometimes it will close up before the cel comes on, otherwise it closes up eventually but takes a little while for the cel to go away.

Once it closes up it climbs over 13000 no problem, a datalog shows peak value at around 23000 and the most I've ever seen was 24000 (before I had this problem). Stock it shouldn't open below 26000 so I know mines warn.

Ill just shim it, just having a hard time finding someone with the shim kit in stock that ships to Canada
Old 02-03-2013, 11:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
I drive a Cummins!

Have you tried Sinister Diesel?

Old 02-16-2013, 07:13 PM   #10 (permalink)

hav you solved your problem yet i have an 08 6.7 auto and was heading to a rescue squad call and it started surging around 85 then the cel came on wit the beeps and th same codes p000f,p1011. i also hav a delay in the gas pedal push the gas engine responds half second later. i just bought the truck far as i know no mods with 200,000 miles thanks

Last edited by duck6733; 02-16-2013 at 07:17 PM.
duck6733 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2013, 11:37 PM   #11 (permalink)

I just got the p1011 today after giving it a little throttle.. Do you think it could just be the fuel filter? I'm right at 11,000 miles on this one

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Ol_Buck is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2013, 04:30 PM   #12 (permalink)

P000F code

Thanks for the help in advance. I have a 2007.5 6.7l Mega Cab w/ 107,000 miles that is constantly throwing the P000F "fuel system over pressure. relief valve activated" code when I get on the throttle when towing (camping a lot).

After doing some research on this great site, I am assuming that the PRV is bad. I have read that once it activates, it will tend to do so more often, because of the nature of the spring weakening.

I have brought it to three different diesel mech's and they have not done one thing to fix the problem other than clear the codes as do I now with my tuner.

I am running the Banks Automind on the eco tune, but this has happened b4 I got the tuner. It should also be noted that I bought the truck used 18 months ago.

I have read on here about shimming and plugging. If I understand it right, shimming will increase the amount of pressure needed to activate the valve and plugging the rail will not allow over pressure to be released at all. Both of which could cause major damage to the engine.

Would it be better for me (others) to just gut a new Bosch PRV that is rated at a higher pressure or just getting a new stock one? Or am I missing something on shimming or plugging the rail.

Everything else on the truck is stock and I do not plan on doing any other mods.

Thanks again for the help. You guys are awesome!
Thdoors is offline   Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Thdoors For This Useful Post:
chrishann24 (06-27-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.