2007 6.7 Prolems problems problems - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 07.5 - 09 6.7 Liter Cummins > 07.5 - 09 3rd Gen 6.7 Liter General Discussion
07.5 - 09 3rd Gen 6.7 Liter General Discussion General Chit Chat About the 6.7L 3rd generation Cummins - NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2008, 08:35 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
2007 6.7 Prolems problems problems

7 months old 6 times back to the dealer. 25k miles, no stop and go, mostly highway, 30% pulling 2000lb trailer and sometimes pulling 6,000lb trailer. 3 times for catalyst full errors, 3 now for O2 sensors and of course a memory flash recall. They tell me I am idling 50% of the time which is bull, I almost never idle over 2 minutes. I need to watch a CD on how to drive, I am 51 and I know how to drive. The dealer admits they are having lots of problems and have 17 flash upgrades. Does anyone sell a data logger that records 60 days instead of 90 seconds. I cant afford to lose 4 days a month taking this POS back to the dealer. I always drove my gas vehicles 180K and sell them, this thing will cost me a fortune once the warranty runs out at 100k. What a disaster this truck is. Any suggestions appreciated.
skipton is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2008, 08:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

Tell them to fix it or you will start the lemon law process.
Buck08 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2008, 07:50 AM   #3 (permalink)

In Texas the lemon law stops at 24K miles and its pretty well defined that you have to have the same problem 3 times in 2 months (I think). I have demanded an extended warranty and rental car for all future repairs. I don't see others on this forum having the same problem which is hard to understand if the dealer is admitting lots of problems. These problems are not happening on just my truck they are happening on many if not most 6.7 2007, 2008 trucks.
skipton is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2008, 08:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

i've actually heard quite a few complaints about the 07 6.7 on here!!! sorry to hear about all the trouble you guys are havin but it reinforces the reason that i got the 5.9... best of luck to ya!!! i hope everything ends up workin out!
Old 04-05-2008, 08:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
Diesel Junkie

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Have you considered the particulate filter delete kit?
That seems to be the problem on the 6.7 , not the engine it's self.
There should be some 6.7 guys on here later today that can give you some more info.:thumbsup

I'm going to move this to the 6.7 section for better exposure.

2010 3500 C&C 4X4 ;EBY Built Flatbed ;H&S Black Maxx; DPF/EGR Delete; S&B CAI;South Bend CAISDD3600-GK,

Ohio Coal Rollers
Cumminsforum.com
TVtruck is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2008, 08:41 AM   #6 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Thanked 3,238 Times in 2,087 Posts
There are many good 6.7's and there are some problem ones. You need to go to a dealer that has a good diesel tech.
2013 Ram 3500 Dually CTD 6.7/Aisin/4:10 LSD
Previous Rams:
90 CC Dually, 94 RC LB, 95 CC SB, 98 QC Dually, 00 QC Dually, 01 QC Off Road, 03 QC Dually, 05 QC Dually, 08 QC Dually, 10 CC Dually
Ram3500Dually is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2008, 10:45 AM   #7 (permalink)
Washington Chapter Vice President

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Once your warranty is up I believe that if you want to keep the truck you should seriously look into the DPF Delete kits. They have solved a lot of issues. I have had 0 trouble with mine since and was getting random codes and a strange running truck before.

FTEDiesel
Compcowboy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2008, 11:00 AM   #8 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram3500Dually View Post
There are many good 6.7's and there are some problem ones. You need to go to a dealer that has a good diesel tech.
you have to have a dealer that has a good diesel mechanic and gives a crap . most of the people around my area that were having problems stemmed from one dealer . when i bought my truck , the rrt wasn't out to reflash the trucks before they left the lot so i had to go in and get the reflash done at my selling dealer . i figured out pretty quick that either they didn't know or didn't care about these trucks . i found another dealer that knew these trucks and got it flashed there and haven't had any problems ( now at 9000 miles ) . i ran into several others who were using my selling dealer to service and flash their trucks and were having a lot of problems . i sent them to the other dealer i was now using and not a one of them has had a problem since . i think a lot of the problems people have had are due to ignorant dealers that don't know or care about learning how to work on these things . if the reflashes are not done correctly , you will have problems . if your dealer can't fix it , find one that can . these are good trucks and i love mine ( 3rd dodge/cummins ) .
2007 3500 mega cab ctd 6 speed manual , drw , 6.7 3:73 rears , 4x4 , Valair single disc kevlar/ceramic 500 hp/1000 ft lb clutch ,H & S egr/egr cooler delete , flo pro 4 " turbo back exhaust , k and n air filter , smarty
Dawg is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2008, 11:14 AM   #9 (permalink)

I was having the same problem until i put my delete kit on. I also have agreement with my dealership to still cover my truck under waranty.
KWEEKS is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2008, 05:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

Kweeks.... Did you get that in writing? If not, good luck.
Joker11 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2008, 05:37 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

im sure its a simple error thats just toggling all the other CEL. Try different dealers. I got 60,000 miles 100% towing 20,000 avg pounds all around the usa and its still runnin like a charm with no cels and no overheads.
ccoop769 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2008, 10:28 PM   #12 (permalink)

Just passed the 10,000 mile mark and no problems with the 6.7.

MPG is 11 MPG towing a 2 car trailer and 16.5 empty.

I am happy with the 6.7 and would not think about going back to the old 5.9 12 valve noise maker :>)
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.