Dpf delete mod,using resistors to trick computer?? Say it's so! - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 07.5 - 09 6.7 Liter Cummins > 07.5 - 09 3rd Gen 6.7 Liter General Discussion
07.5 - 09 3rd Gen 6.7 Liter General Discussion General Chit Chat About the 6.7L 3rd generation Cummins - NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

» Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2012, 02:18 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Dpf delete mod,using resistors to trick computer?? Say it's so!

I was informed there has been multiple people delete there dpf and run straight pipe. As far as not buying a programmer to cover the codes, “supposedly"... People have installed resistors(I'm not sure where,maybe in the sensors?), and the resistors trick the computer into thinking everything is still in good working order?
If you know if this true or false, would love to help me out on the facts of this mods please, post!
Thanks in advance!
chad347 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2012, 02:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Wyoming Eastern President

I have heard of using sims with mixed results.
Fully Deleted, H&S Mini Max with OD, AFE intake, 5" straight pipe, H&S rail plug, FS2500 Bypass
-I rep for the AARP crowd-
razocow is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2012, 02:54 PM   #3 (permalink)

You can purchase a handle full of resistors at radio shack for 10 bucks. This would be awesome if it's a full proof method.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Diesel Head

This is old school stuff,I've had resisters fooling my egt's for 4 years and 70,000 miles now.No programmer just a hypertech tune.You can buy them for $40 at rollin smoke or make them yourself.There is a sticky on here somewhere on how to do it.Before the new programmers this was the only way to go and I've stuck with it.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

This is how my brothers rig Is setup, not the greatest but can be done. Somewhere on here there are a bunch of threads covering this. It was mainly used before there were good tuner options out for the 6.7 I think

sent via smoke signals
Old 11-11-2012, 11:57 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselJJ View Post
This is how my brothers rig Is setup, not the greatest but can be done. Somewhere on here there are a bunch of threads covering this. It was mainly used before there were good tuner options out for the 6.7 I think

sent via smoke signals
Pm sent.
Thanks for the help guys!
Old 11-11-2012, 06:32 PM   #7 (permalink)

Just bought a 2012 DRW 3500, has about 5,500 km on it now. That crap has to go!!! Idling up here is a necessity! Resistors are easy, remove the sensors and solder em in. Anybody have an idea what value? Is it just a matter of putting a piece of pipe in place of the DPF? Will it throw codes every time it farts after that? How about the CAT? Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com Free App
Themoparman is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 06:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

DIY dpf delete

Start looking here, search Google 99 cent dpf delete and diy dpf delete hope this helps

sent via smoke signals
Old 11-13-2012, 01:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themoparman View Post
Just bought a 2012 DRW 3500, has about 5,500 km on it now. That crap has to go!!! Idling up here is a necessity! Resistors are easy, remove the sensors and solder em in. Anybody have an idea what value? Is it just a matter of putting a piece of pipe in place of the DPF? Will it throw codes every time it farts after that? How about the CAT? Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com Free App
You just put a straight pipe in place of the dpf You can purchase a bolt on that way you can reinstall the dpf for warrenty work.You will need a code
reader/clearer for the occasional alarm,no big deal.Have been doing it for 4 years on mine.And not one visit to the dealer needed.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:47 PM   #10 (permalink)

Nice, thanks! I heard that the 2012's were maybe a slightly different system, anybody had any experience?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Themoparman is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 03:48 PM   #11 (permalink)
Diesel Head

You will be better off just getting a programmer. That way you can clear any DTC's. Just my .02

Sent from a cloud of black smoke
07.5 Dodge 3500 dually 4x4, Big Horn, QC, Anarchy EFI, MP8, AiRaid intake, Fireringed, ARP 425, 2in Skyjacker, BD track bar, Moog parts, G56/3:73, SBDD 3250.
07 Dodge 2500 4x4, QC, Anarchy EFI, AiRaid intake, 2in Rough Country, 48RE/3:42
beauabston is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2012, 01:21 AM   #12 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Yea if you got a spare $800 laying around it is better.
Codemystirl (02-01-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.