new fuel filter assembly, anyone have one yet - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 07.5 - 09 6.7 Liter Cummins > 07.5 - 09 3rd Gen 6.7 Liter General Discussion
07.5 - 09 3rd Gen 6.7 Liter General Discussion General Chit Chat About the 6.7L 3rd generation Cummins - NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2009, 11:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
CF Administration

Thanked 1,352 Times in 774 Posts
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
new fuel filter assembly, anyone have one yet

I went to the dealer a few months ago to get a new fuel filter and they said something about they are discontinued and they have a new style and it cost me $75 for the new assembly, instead of just changing the filter and throwing it away the new one you just unscrew the canister and pull the old filter out and slide the new one in and screw back in. I have not heard anyone mention anything about this, does anyone have this new style on there truck or are they the old style where you just throw the hole thing away and replace it.
-Nic - Idaho Oil Burners President Idaho Chapter 2009/ 3500/ Laramie/ Mega Cab/ Electric Blue/ Blackmaxx MCC tuned/ATS Stage 6 48re/ TS Mp8/ 5" Tbe With 8" Stack/ 66-74-14/ Pdi manifold/ 50% over nozzles/ H&S Intake Horn And Boost Tube/ Afe stage 2 CAI/ Stage 1 Cp3/ GDP Maximizer Kit/ Shaved,Flycut,Coated Pistons/ A1-H11 Headstuds/ GDP CCV Kit/ 8" Lift/ 37" Toyos. 648 hp 1351 tq uncorrected
1996 12v 2.8 puller "dominate this"
R.I.P. Tucker
kmkdiesel is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2009, 11:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
there has been a few threads on these. Said that the new filters are like 5 microns instead of 7. Seems like chicken caca to me that Dodge would discontinue a filter then charge us extra to upgrade to the new one

Chris
drtnsnw is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2009, 07:51 AM   #3 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by drtnsnw View Post
there has been a few threads on these. Said that the new filters are like 5 microns instead of 7. Seems like chicken caca to me that Dodge would discontinue a filter then charge us extra to upgrade to the new one

Chris
Cummins made the change , not Dodge. TDR also has sent emails a long time ago to members covering just that subject. I'm not real fond of it , but manufactures always make these type of chances.I looked and realize I trashed the email other wise I would share it with you. Seems to me it came out in Sept. or Oct.
7492 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2009, 09:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
Diesel Head

I have not changed my filter yet,but I have two of the newer style filters from Cummins. I will be changing them in the spring. This will be around 30,000 mikes, I change my diesel fuel filter every 10K.
I ordered the newer style 5 micron filter from Geno's. This last order from Geno's, I ordered the filter and housing along with a new replaceable filter. There is a cost savings of $10 by just replacing the filter and not the housing and filter. Per the TDR website the newer style filter is a little smaller in size and will not cover the entire filter base plate were the filter screws on.
I always purchase two filters at a time, one is carried as a spare in the truck at all times. I will then order two more from Geno's when I change that filter. This way I will always have spares when I need one.
2008 3/4T, Mega Cab SLT, 6.7L CTD 68RFE,Optix Gauges Pyro, Boost, Trans Temp A Piller mount, Mag-Hytec Trans Pan, Front & Rear Diff cover,Smarty, MBRP Exhaust, Silver, Westin Side Steps, Line-X Bed Liner, Bed Cover, Prodigy BC, 15K Reese hitch and pulling a 11K 5er
Jim W is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2009, 09:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
You're wrong! Get over it

Thanked 2,580 Times in 1,400 Posts
Has anybody taken a look at incorporating the 2010 fuel filter onto our 6.7's? That is a top loader with replaceable cartridge. looks interesting.

From posts in this thread.
http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/6-...ml#post2383893
2008 QC-LB,2500,4X4,White/Kaki,Big-Horn,3.73 Auto, MyGig Nav unit, K&N no baffle,DPF quit working, GHD, Shibby stage 1 intake & boost tube, Smarty, PMT for gauges, Mag-Hytec Pan & Diff covers.Dad2bike-installs-some-shibby-goodies..... DIY Deletes How-To
SNAFU

Last edited by dad2bike; 12-21-2009 at 09:52 AM.
dad2bike is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2009, 11:43 AM   #6 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad2bike View Post
Has anybody taken a look at incorporating the 2010 fuel filter onto our 6.7's? That is a top loader with replaceable cartridge. looks interesting.

From posts in this thread.
http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/6-...ml#post2383893
Wouldn't that be nice!!! Going back to the 5.9 type filter

Chris
drtnsnw is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2009, 11:51 AM   #7 (permalink)
Diesel Head

2010 fuel filter = 5 um filtration
Old 12-21-2009, 11:59 AM   #8 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

That top loader looks to be much easier to dink with. Wonder if its a hard conversion?
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.