forced regen? - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 07.5 - 09 6.7 Liter Cummins > 07.5 - 09 3rd Gen 6.7 Liter General Discussion
07.5 - 09 3rd Gen 6.7 Liter General Discussion General Chit Chat About the 6.7L 3rd generation Cummins - NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2009, 12:05 AM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
forced regen?

our 07 6.7 has never regened after 70k and the dealer said we will have to force regen by keppin the rpms over 2500 for 15 minutes or so anybody else have this?
baddkarmaracing is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2009, 12:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
08 Cummins

The only way your truck could not have regened in 70K was if you removed the DPF the day you bought it.

These truck will regen at least every couple hundred miles. You normally will not notice it though unless you have guages or a monitor like the Edge Attitude or Bully Dog PMT.

Any how, I do beleive that with a StarScan the dealer can force a regen.

2008 Ram 3500 QuadCab
Hamilton 110# Springs & HD Pushrods, ARP 2000s, EFILive, SB 3250 DD
2014 Jetta TDI 6 SPD Manual
KhakiCummins is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2009, 12:49 AM   #3 (permalink)

the service manager is a friend of ours and he said the computer says its never been thru regen... the tech also said it would say in the overhead when its in regen but anyway they spent all day cleaning the exhaust on it because it was so dirty they actuall removed the turbo and disassembled it to clean it. this truck is completly stock btw
Old 05-27-2009, 12:57 AM   #4 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Your friend is not telling you the truth
It would be completely blocked and would not run at 70k with out any regens.The new software will go into regen even at idle if it sees the correct data.Even with the original software in 07 it did not need to be at 2500rpm to regen
bob4x4 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2009, 01:19 AM   #5 (permalink)

thats what i thought but not only did the service manager tell me that he told my dad and then the tech told me the same thing any way its just not logging the regen? why would everything be so dirty ? they both said they had never had a truck come in that it was that dirty
Old 05-27-2009, 01:21 AM   #6 (permalink)

btw it had a cel coming on and turning off randomly but i didnt ever ask what code it was.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:32 AM   #7 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

Go to another dealership
mine has all of the emissions crap on it and it regens about every 100 miles or so
i can see the temp go over 1200 on my gauges for extended periods of time
I have never seen anything on my overhead telling me when it regens.
the only thing the overhead will tell you is when the cat % is full when you are about to be SOL and you better go drive it soon to do a regen. I have never seen those messages but people often complain about them. My guess is you had a p2262 code for the turbo boost being low due to a sticking actuator which is caused from soot.
if they just did a flash on your truck I was told by doing that it will reset the regen counter and maybe that is why they see 0 times. or you may have something faulty in your ecm
Old 05-27-2009, 10:22 PM   #8 (permalink)

Should the truck idle up to 1000 rpm or so while in regen?
tmat is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2009, 10:50 PM   #9 (permalink)

its been reflashed before but not latly it had an overboost problem a while back and when it went in for that it it was reflashed
its hard to take it to another dealer because my dad works for this dealer lol

after i talked to them somemore today they think its never regened because it gets 90 percent of its miles on the highway it has showed that % thing before while pulling our 5th wheel but the said drive it hard and it will go away so thats what we did and it worked
Old 05-28-2009, 12:00 AM   #10 (permalink)
6.7 MODERATOR/IL Chapter VP

Location: Columbia, Illinois ALSO KNOWN AS THE COMMUNIST STATE OF CHICAGO
Trust me it is still going thru regeneration cycles. It has to or you would not be driving it right now.
Andy 2011 HO Ram 3/4 Crew Cab, Laramie, Short Bed, 4X4 Electronic T-Case, 68RFE, 3:73's, Snow Plow Prep, Line-X, Mopar Side Steps, Smarty Sr S67, Smarty Jr SJ67, Dodge_Made_It_Marco_Helps_Cummins_Shake_It.
Smarty & Smarty POD Information
Remember Elementary School "Cardboard Pizza and Tater Tots in the morning. The smell of Learning."
Onelongshot is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2009, 06:03 PM   #11 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

2014 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 3.42 Auto
2008 3500 SWR Quad Cab Laramie 4.10 Auto
2006 2500 Quad Cab Sport 3.73 Auto..
1998 2500 Club Cab Laramie 12V 3.55 Auto
terb is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2009, 07:52 PM   #12 (permalink)

I have a bone stock '07 2500 4x4 Auto 6.7 Mega Cab Laramie that has started giving me the light for the electronic throttle position sensor and the check engine light. It idles very rough and will cut out around 60 MPH. The ECU has been reflashed 14 times since July 07. They have put a new turbo on it, cleaned everthing they could clean and replaced it if they could not clean it. This crap is getting old does anyone else have the same problems or have I got a real lemon?
put-upon is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.